UN Habitat Public Information Officer P3 Jobs 2023 – Kenya NGO Jobs. UN Habitat Kenya looking for “Public Information Officer P3”. Applicants with a University degree may apply on or before 18 February 2023.
The United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-Habitat) is the United Nations programme for human settlements and sustainable urban development. It was established in 1978 as an outcome of the first United Nations Conference on Human Settlements and Sustainable Urban Development (Habitat I) held in Vancouver, Canada, in 1976. UN-Habitat maintains its headquarters at the United Nations Office at Nairobi, Kenya. It is mandated by the United Nations General Assembly to promote socially and environmentally sustainable towns and cities with the goal of providing adequate shelter for all. It is a member of the United Nations Development Group. The mandate of UN-Habitat derives from the Habitat Agenda, adopted by the United Nations Conference on Human Settlements (Habitat II) in Istanbul, Turkey, in 1996.
UN Habitat Public Information Officer P3 Jobs 2023
The UN Habitat has published a job vacancy announcement on 24 January 2023 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of Public Information Officer P3 to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
UN Habitat Job Vacancy 2023
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Press and Media activities: Carry out media outreach functions and promote media coverage, e.g. press conferences and briefings, organizing interviews, addressing information requests, monitoring and reporting on impact of the coverage and undertaking follow up action etc. Update and maintain UN-Habitat’s Press Kit.
- Develop and maintain networks with journalists, media practitioners and key partner constituencies around the world as a tool for advocating UN-Habitat’s fundamental messages and work. Provide support in UN-Habitat’s activities and urban issues in press releases, backgrounders, Q&A briefings etc.
- Support in organizing press coverage around seminars, lectures, conferences and public events on major issues and events concerning UN-Habitat.
- Support UN-Habitat’s Campaigns with communication material
- Monitor and evaluate results and impact of news operations.
- Newsletters, and products supporting major corporate activities.
- Supervise and clear the production and distribution of press materials and activities across divisions and regional offices.
- Manage the promotion and news for major UN-Habitat events, including, but not limited to, the World Urban Forum, World Habitat Day and World Cities Day;
- Manage the promotion and launch of major publications such as the World Cities Report. Work on multi-media outputs and support UN-Habitat’s social and digital media output; ensure photo and audiovisual coverage of key events and projects.
- Advanced University Degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in communication, journalism, international studies or other relevant field is required. A first-level university degree in combination with the two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Successful completion of both degree and non-degree programs in data analytics, business analytics or data science programs is desirable.
- A minimum of five years of progressively responsible work experience in media and strategic communications is required.
- Experience in public information in a multilingual and international environment, preferably in the UN system or a similar organization, is desirable.
- Experience in establishing collaborations and liaising with officials at all levels inside and outside the organization is desirable.
- Experience in technological knowledge and experience of web and social media content management is desirable.
- Two (2) years or more of experience in data analytics or related area is desirable.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UN Habitat Public Information Officer P3 Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 18 February 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.