UN Habitat Intern – Urban and Territorial Planning Jobs 2023 – Kenya NGO Jobs. UN Habitat Kenya looking for “Intern – Urban and Territorial Planning”. Applicants with a University degree may apply on or before 23 February 2023.
The United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-Habitat) is the United Nations programme for human settlements and sustainable urban development. It was established in 1978 as an outcome of the first United Nations Conference on Human Settlements and Sustainable Urban Development (Habitat I) held in Vancouver, Canada, in 1976. UN-Habitat maintains its headquarters at the United Nations Office at Nairobi, Kenya. It is mandated by the United Nations General Assembly to promote socially and environmentally sustainable towns and cities with the goal of providing adequate shelter for all. It is a member of the United Nations Development Group. The mandate of UN-Habitat derives from the Habitat Agenda, adopted by the United Nations Conference on Human Settlements (Habitat II) in Istanbul, Turkey, in 1996.
UN Habitat Intern – Urban and Territorial Planning Jobs 2023
The UN Habitat has published a job vacancy announcement on 11 February 2023 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of Intern – Urban and Territorial Planning to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
UN Habitat Job Vacancy 2023
Daily responsibilities will depend on the individual’s background, the interns’ assigned office as well as the internship period.
Under the direct supervision of the Chief of Planning, Finance, and Economy Section the interns will:
- Support the development of the technical and normative outputs of the Planning, Finance, and Economy Section by assisting in gathering data, analyzing, contributing to preparing reports and technical documents, and preparing presentations and other dissemination materials.
- Support the team of International Guidelines of Urban and Territorial Planning (IG UTP).
- Support the study on strategies, and approaches to mitigate climate change.
- Support capacity building on a variety of planning themes.
- Support the development of territorial, urban planning for Urban Development Policies, Strategies, Plans and Projects.
- Assist in the SDG’s localization in urban planning policy frameworks, guidelines, policies, and presentations through identification and review of relevant publications and documents, drafting and commenting on documents, and assisting in producing information materials.
- Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher);
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree program (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent);
- Have graduated with Bachelor’s degree, Masters, PhD or equivalent
- No working experience is required to apply for the United Nations Internship Programme. Your training, education, advance course work or skills should benefit the United Nations during your internship.
- Knowledge and understanding of urban design theories, concepts, and approaches is required
- Experience in conducting a strong analysis of urban form and urban systems is desirable.
- Experience in developing high-quality graphic materials and reports as well as supporting graphics foe example report visuals, graphs, charts, etc. is desirable.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this internship, fluency in oral and written English is required. Knowledge of any other official United Nations official languages is an asset.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply UN Habitat Intern – Urban and Territorial Planning Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 23 February 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.