U.S. Mission is inviting credible applicants who are willing to partake in its ongoing recruitment to fill the position below:
Job Title: Surveillance Detection Monitor – All Interested Candidates
Announcement Number: Abuja-2023-009
Hiring Agency: Embassy Abuja
Series/Grade: LE – 0710 4
Promotion Potential: LE-4
Work Schedule: Full-time – 40 hours per week
About U.S. Mission: The U.S. Mission to Nigeria comprises of the Embassy in Abuja, FCT, and the Consulate General in Lagos. U.S. Consulate General Lagos is the Mission’s representative to the Nigerian people in the southern region.
- Completion of Secondary School is required.
- One (1) year of military, police, or private experience in the field of security is required.
- Knowledge of surveillance techniques, familiarity with local pedestrian and vehicular traffic patterns and habits, awareness of cultural norms and customs is required.
- The position requires good working knowledge of the host city’s geography and general culture.
- This may be tested. Please specify your level of proficiency in the language listed.
- Limited knowledge in speaking/reading/writing of English is required.
- Good working knowledge in speaking/reading/writing of Igbo, Hausa or Yoruba is required.
Skills and Abilities:
- Must possess a valid Nigerian drivers license.
- Must be skilled in the use of communications equipment, cameras, and basic information technology systems.
- Must provide detailed oral reports.
- Must work independently and adapt to a wide range of threat and environmental conditions.
- Must have good observation skills.
How to Submit Your Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Public Trust clearance.
- To apply for this position click the “APPLY TO THIS VACANCY” button at the top of the page. Click on the “Submit Application” button to complete your application process. For more information on how to apply visit the Mission internet site.
Application Closing Date
27th January, 2023.