Education is a very important aspect of a child’s life that helps to shape a child’s future. However, as important as it is, not everybody can afford a quality education. Hence, the government and other bodies have come together to create initiatives that can provide student loans to those who can not afford to pay for their education. The Student Loan Trust Fund (SLTF) is one of these initiatives established to provide loans for Ghanaian students in tertiary institutions.
An Overview of Student Loan Trust Fund (SLTF)
STLF was founded in December 2005 under Act 106, the Trustee Incorporation Act 1962. Basically, a Board of Trustees governs this initiative and this Board consists of distinguished people of important backgrounds. The major objective of the Trust Fund is to provide financial resources to students who are in need. Essentially, they cater to students by providing loans for their tertiary education.
What services does the Student Loan Trust Fund (SLTF) offer?
Basically, the SLTF offers loan services to students seeking to go to a tertiary institution in Ghana but can not afford the school fees. This loan will cover your bills for a specific session and when it is due, you need to pay it back. You have a grace period of two years before you need to pay back the loan you borrowed.
How can I apply for a loan from the Student Loan Trust Fund?
To apply for a loan from the SLTF platform, follow the steps below:
1. First download the app from the App Store or Google Play Store.
2. Next, open the app and create your account by filling out the application form with your basic details.
3. Once you do this successfully, you can apply for a student loan. However, for your loan application to be successful, you must meet some requirements.
Alternatively, you can go to their website, www.sltf.gov.gh, create an account and follow the subsequent instructions you will receive.
What are the requirements to access a loan from the Student Loan Trust Fund?
Before you apply for the loan, remember that you should meet all of these requirements:
1. You must be a citizen of Ghana and an accredited university in Ghana must have offered you admission.
2. Having a valid Ghana Card Number is compulsory. You can get this number at any designated GRA office free of charge.
3. You must be seeking to pursue a tertiary programme, like a 1st degree or diploma. Also, you must have an admission letter or a Student ID card.
4. A valid Email Address, a registered and active phone number, and an E-zwich Card.
How can I download the Student Loan Trust Fund app?
To download the app and borrow a loan with ease, follow the steps below:
1. On your android smartphone, open Google Play Store. However, if your smartphone is an iOS device, open the App Store.
2. Next, search for “SLTF” app
3. Lastly, download the app and create an account to enable you to apply for a loan with ease.
How Can I Contact the Student Loan Trust Fund?
Here’s how you can contact SLTF:
Address: Hse # 47,3rd Crescent Asylum Down – Accra
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone Numbers: +233 (0)302 231 886, +233 (0) 302231873
The Student Loan Trust Fund (SLTF) is simply a platform where you can borrow money to cover your university bills. All you have to do is to apply for a student loan through their platform and wait for it to get approved. However, you must meet some requirements for the platform to grant you loans. For easy access to their loan, just download their app on your smartphone from Google Play Store or the App Store.