Saferworld Grants Officer Jobs 2023 – Uganda NGO Jobs. Saferworld Uganda looking for “Grants Officer“. Applicants with a degree in Bachelor’s degree may apply on or before Feb. 10, 2023.
Saferworld is an independent international organisation working to prevent violent conflict and build safer lives. We work with people affected by conflict to improve their safety and sense of security, and conduct wider research and analysis. We use this evidence and learning to improve local, national and international policies and practices that can help build lasting peace. Our priority is people – we believe in a world where everyone can lead peaceful, fulfilling lives, free from fear and insecurity. We work in over 10 countries across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
Saferworld Grants Officer Jobs 2023
The Saferworld has published a job vacancy announcement on January 23, 2023 for qualified Uganda’s to fill in the vacant post of Grants Officer to be based in Kampala, Uganda.
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||Minimum Two years|
|Application Deadline||Feb. 10, 2023|
Saferworld Job Vacancy 2023
Roles and responsibilities:
Grant management and administration
- Work with the Partnership and Compliance Manager, to ensure systems, processes and workflows for grant management and compliance are in place including developing or updating them when required. This includes maintaining a calendar of key donor deliverables and deadlines, and regularly communicating these
- to country teams.Work with the Partnership and Compliance Manager and other Grant Managers to support the process of the grant set up for new contracts, working with relevant teams in the region and in London to ensure staff and partners are aware of their roles and responsibilities in relation to compliance, budgets and deadlines.
- With the Partnership and Compliance Manager and other Grant Managers, support monthly grant management meetings with finance and project staff, including acting as rapporteur, to ensure that finances are reconciled, and the project is on track with contracted obligations
- Ensure the fundraising and grant management database is kept up to date, including as new grants are agreed, and that grants, contracts and donor communication is accessible and accurate.
- Coordinate timesheet reporting and allocations compliance across the grants for Headquarter staff
- Under the guidance of the Partnership and Compliance Manager, support the reporting process in the region – including working with the project and finance teams to support the production of timely and accurate narrative and financial reports.
- Support the submission of payment requests and updated budget forecasts and amendments for approval.
- With the Partnerships and Compliance Manager, work with the country and financial teams to support the refinement of financial systems and procedures for grant management and compliance where required.
- Follow up on payments as required, e.g. donor payment requests, consultant payments, partner disbursements
- Support country and HQ finance teams with project audits, mainly in organising project documentation including from partners.
Position in Organization:
- Job Title: Grants Officer, Regional East Africa (with a focus on Sudan, Kenya and Uganda, Somali and South Sudan)
- Location: Kampala, Uganda (or in other countries in the region where Saferworld has offices i.e. Kenya, Sudan, Somalia and South Sudan)
- Reporting to: Partnerships and Compliance Manager
- Type of position: National Position
- Grade and Salary: Competitive
- Contract terms and hours:
- Term of contract: Fixed-term, 12 months, renewable subject to funding and satisfactory performance
- Probation: 3 months
- Hours: Standard working week is 37.5 hours a week
- Taxes: Saferworld deducts and remits Uganda income tax for all its employees, regardless of nationality.
- Work eligibility: Must have the right to live and work in Uganda
- Bachelor’s degree in Development Studies, International Development, Sustainable Development, Peace and Conflict Studies or related discipline.
- Post graduate diploma in project planning and Management is an added advantage.
- Demonstrable experience of project and budget management (e.g. project planning, grant management, compiling and monitoring budgets, narrative and financial reporting), preferably in an INGO setting (at least two years of experience).
- Experience in developing and maintaining systematic and transparent records in order to keep track of projects and for accountability and auditing.
- Experience of working in an organisation that has a commitment to partnership or works with partners.
- Experience of donor compliance.
- Demonstrable ability to carry out administrative duties effectively
- Experience of managing and refining databases and extracting data for analytical purposes.
- Familiarity with peacebuilding and/or international development issues
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team, as the task requires
Skills and abilities
- Fluency in English (written and spoken); fluency in a second language (desirable)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to condense complex information, including for reports
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including experience of communicating effectively across cultures and with diverse audiences, both verbally and in writing.
- Excellent organisational skills, accuracy and attention to detail and ability to meet tight deadlines
- Strong coordination and team-working skills applicable to a remote management context.
- Ability to negotiate and understand priorities of colleagues, applying a problem-solving supportive
- Ability to work proactively, on own initiative and well under pressure
- Ability to work in a non-partisan and neutral manner, particularly in high-stress and highly politicised environments, appreciating gender, cultural and ethnic diversity.
- Facilitation and training skills (desirable).
How to Apply Saferworld Grants Officer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
The Closing Date: Feb. 10, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.