Holcim is inviting credible applicants who are willing to partake in its ongoing recruitment to fill the position below:
Job Title: Quarry Engineer
Job Code: DJOB
Location: Ewekoro, Ogun
Contract Type: Regular Full-Time
Function: Cement Manufacturing (jobs in plants / other industrial sites)
About Holcim: Holcim builds progress for people and the planet. As a global leader in innovative and sustainable building solutions, Holcim is enabling greener cities, smarter infrastructure and improving living standards around the world. With sustainability at the core of its strategy Holcim is becoming a net zero company, with its people and communities at the heart of its success. The company is driving the circular economy as a world leader in recycling to build more with less.
- HND or B. Sc. In Mining Engineering
- Minimum of 4 years post qualification experience in a process industry or quarry operation.
Knowledge & Skills
- Good team player and self motivated.
- Working knowledge of cement manufacturing processes: Raw meal preparation, burning, combustion, grinding and packing operation.
- Commitment to the highest standards of safe work habits
- Good knowledge of safety laws and regulations.
- Good written and verbal communications skills
- Able to take initiative based on sound problem solving skills.
- Demonstrate leadership skills via work ethics, ability to delegate and motivate, fairness, must be hands-on.
- Very good written and verbal communication
- Ability to use simple Mining tools and software’s: Hand held GPS, AutoCAD, and MineCard
- Fair knowledge of Survey: Establishing quarry control points.
- Good knowledge of Limestone Chemistry and quality control methods
- Good knowledge of the Mining Plan
- Good knowledge of Mines regulations and of specific environmental constraints
- Good knowledge of project management methods
- Good knowledge of safety laws and regulations
- Computer literate (Word, excel, MS project, lotus note).
- Good knowledge of quality management systems (ISO 9001-2000
How to Submit Your Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Closing Date