Save the Children is inviting credible applicants who are willing to partake in its ongoing recruitment to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement Officer
Job ID: 2200067G
Location: Ogoja, Cross River
Team/Programme: Procurement Officer
Contract Length: 1 year
Employee Status: Fixed Term
About Save the Children: Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children in need, with programs in over 120 countries. We save children’s lives. We fight for their rights. We help them fulfil their potential. Save the Children is working in Nigeria because one in five children in Nigeria dies before their fifth birthday. About 40% of children miss out on school and have to work to survive while nearly 2 million children have lost one or both parents to an AIDS-related disease.
- BA / B.Sc in Management; Procurement, Logistics, Supply Chain Management or related field
- Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (CIPS UK) or equivalent Experience
- Master’s Degree in above fields is an added advantage
Experience and Skills:
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant experience working in procurement, preferably in an NGO/and/or development program, with in depth experience in managing procurement processes
- Strong knowledge and experience of implementing procurement processes, driving contract compliance and embedding buying best practice
- Excellent supplier management skills and a strong ability to hold suppliers accountable to deliver on their responsibilities
- Knowledge of NGO/Donor policies and their compliance requirements in respect of Procurement and wider supply chain activity
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching.
- Excellent organisational skills, with the ability to juggle multiple tasks with competing priorities and simultaneously stick to deadlines, whilst maintaining relationships with suppliers and customers
- Excellent reporting skills, particularly the ability to quickly develop clear and concise delivery tracking, scheduling or pricing, donor, monthly KPI reports
- Willingness to undertake field travel as required and work in difficult environments according to travel environments.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; fluency in spoken and written English;
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles
How to Submit Your Application
Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply online
Application Closing Date
17th February, 2023.