Plan International Health and Nutrition Coordinator Jobs 2023 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs. Plan International Ethiopia looking for “Health and Nutrition Coordinator“. Applicants with a degree in MSc Degree may apply on or before 12th Feb 2023.
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organization which works in 71 countries across the world, in Africa, the Americas, and Asia to advance children’s rights and equality for girls. Plan International is one of the world’s largest organizations working for children’s rights and gender equality. In 2016, Plan International reached 17.1 million girls and 15.5 million boys through its programming.
Plan International Health and Nutrition Coordinator Jobs 2023
The Plan International has published a job vacancy announcement on 7th Feb 2023 for qualified Ethiopians to fill in the vacant post of Health and Nutrition Coordinator to be based in Gambela, Ethiopia.
Plan International Job Vacancy 2023
- Provide support and guidance to the project team and implementing partners; assess training needs, plan & provides training/guidance for staff in management and strengthening of the existing OTP and SC services in health post and Center and IYCF activities.
- Leads the development of detailed Implementation Plans, Procurement Plan, budgets, and other required program documents for integrated health and nutrition and child protection projects in refugee and host community.
- Facilitate trainings for health professionals in Community based Management Acute Malnutrition, PHC and IYCF.
- Participating in and/or leading health, nutrition, and/or multi-sectoral assessments as required.
- To ensure proper health and nutrition and medical management is provided to the beneficiaries.
- To ensure Plan’s & national protocols are respected and followed in the treatment centers.
- To ensure proper implementation of nutrition/health education sessions.
- To participate in technical staff recruitment, training and supervision
- To evaluate the impact of programs through regular field visits, data collection and reports
- To oversee other field activities such as community mobilization, nutrition and health education sessions and community screening by CDF’s (community nutrition workers and volunteers).
- Conducts regular field visits and review meetings with government officials to monitor the implementation of integrated health and nutrition and child protection
- Closely work with the finance and program team to ensure that program budgets are realistic, that they are efficiently used complying with donor requirements, and that reports are submitted in a timely manner
- To monitor program activities to ensure that treatment centers achieve acceptable performance indicators (such as cure rate, defaulter, death, non-response rates) and IYCF implementation based on SPHERE standards.
- Follow & check field activities are accomplished regarding to suitable protocols.
- In collaboration with Program Implementation manager and program Area ensure timely preparation and implementation of phase-out strategy
- Preparing monthly and quarter reports on overall nutrition activities.
- To participate in identifying MoH personnel, partner LNGO’s or INGO’s for collaboration in nutrition activities and/or technical training for management of acute malnutrition and integrating IYCF with other project activities.
- To organize and carry out health and nutrition trainings for partners, especially MoH personnel where possible (e.g. technical workshops, training on SAM guidelines, IYCF and CBN guidelines, etc).
- To follow up and provide ongoing technical support to the activities of the trained partners
- To participate in the evaluation of these activities, and to propose recommendations for developing future capacity building strategies for Plan’s.
- Conduct regular performance management. This includes work plans and performance reviews.
- Engages in recruitment process of staff for the project as necessary.
Position in Organization:
- Health and Nutrition Coordinator
- Posting Date: 07-Feb-2023
- Location: Gambella
- Type of Role: Health and Nutration Coordintor
- Reports to: Program Area Manager
- Grade: C2
- Closing Date: February 12,2023
Qualification & Experience:
- MSc/BSc in Public Health and Nutrition, Nursing, Public Health, Hydraulic Engineering and Sociology and other relevant field of study
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience out of which 1 year at supervisory level field experience in humanitarian work, including significant experience in managing integrated projects.
- Excellent leadership, coordination and management experience.
How to Apply Plan International Health and Nutrition Coordinator Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
The Closing Date: 12th Feb 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.