Plan International Education in Emergency Officer Jobs 2023 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs. Plan International Ethiopia looking for “Education in Emergency Officer“. Applicants with a degree in BA Degree may apply on or before 8th Feb 2023.
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organization which works in 71 countries across the world, in Africa, the Americas, and Asia to advance children’s rights and equality for girls. Plan International is one of the world’s largest organizations working for children’s rights and gender equality. In 2016, Plan International reached 17.1 million girls and 15.5 million boys through its programming.
Plan International Education in Emergency Officer Jobs 2023
The Plan International has published a job vacancy announcement on 3rd Feb 2023 for qualified Ethiopians to fill in the vacant post of Education in Emergency Officer to be based in Metekel, Amhara, Ethiopia.
|Position||Education in Emergency Officer|
|Location||Metekel, Amhara, Ethiopia|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||Minimum Three years|
|Application Deadline||8th Feb 2023|
Plan International Job Vacancy 2023
- Provide sectoral leadership and expertise in the assessment.
- Conduct initial rapid assessment of current situation in collaboration with local specialists and affected population; determine priorities and immediate activities and resources
- Review, assess and update the child protection situation in areas affected by emergency (including, but not limited to –)
- Highlight education issues requiring a response – both immediate (less than 2 months) and medium term and make recommendations on specific PLAN actions required. Ensure core commitments to children are taken into consideration.
- Represent PLAN to Education and other protection clusters, stakeholders and Governmental and non-Governmental agencies for the purposes of the protection aspects of the assessment.
- Assess in-country resources, human, material and financial for response with relevant staff and agencies and assist in capacity building of national staff.
- Identify potential partnerships to implement recommendations, assess potential partners where available or make recommendations on how to fill gaps.
- In collaboration with national and international Education and Child Protection Actors, map current institutional response capacities – including conducting an education specific 5Ws.
- In collaboration with Education Actors, develop a realistic evidence‐based, education program plan, including both programmatic and advocacy activities (results oriented).
- Design most appropriate education interventions based on the outcomes of assessments and the context.
- Ensure that issues of gender, protection, DRR, and conflict sensitivity are factored into the program design.
- Ensure PLAN’s guidelines and UN education cluster standards are considered and any departures documented.
- Work in close collaboration with other program coordinators to ensure that emergency interventions build upon each other and link in to longer term programming.
- Develop an education Program Plan, concept papers, and proposals in respect of the above.
- Work closely with the relevant implementation manager(s) to ensure that the implementation of relevant activities are planned and implemented in a phased and prioritised manner in full consultation and co-ordination with all relevant agencies both governmental and non-governmental.
- Provide technical guidance and direction to PLAN for effective planning, implementation and monitoring of agreed education plans with special emphasis on the most vulnerable children and their families.
- Design and develop appropriate surveillance, monitoring and evaluation systems for education interventions.
- In coordination with Child Protection staff, support the Monitoring and reporting of child protection concerns and violations of child rights commitments embodied in the UNCRC, resolution 1612 and other legal instruments.
- Ensure early and rigorous implementation of quality and accountability mechanisms.
Position in Organization:
- Education in Emergency Officer
- Location: Benshangul Gumz- Metekel
- Type of Role: Education in Emergency officer
- Reports to: Education in Emergency Coordinator
- Grade: C1
- Closing Date: 08/02/2023
Qualification & Experience:
- A. degree in Education, Community Development, social science
- A minimum of 3 years of humanitarian experience in emergency program in the IDP/refugee context.
How to Apply Plan International Education in Emergency Officer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://jobs.plan-international.org/job/Metekel-Education-in-Emergency-Officer/899007901/
The Closing Date: 8th Feb 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.