NRC Health Safety and Security Officer Jobs 2023 – Nigeria NGO Jobs. NRC Nigeria looking for “Health Safety and Security Officer”. Applicants with a University degree may apply on or before 22 February 2023.
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a humanitarian, non-governmental organisation that protects the rights of people affected by displacement. This includes refugees and internally displaced persons who are forced to flee their homes as a result of conflict, human rights violations and acute violence, as well as climate change and natural disasters.
NRC Health Safety and Security Officer Jobs 2023
The NRC has published a job vacancy announcement on 13 February 2023 for qualified Nigeria’s to fill in the vacant post of Health Safety and Security Officer to be based in Maiduguri, Nigeria.
NRC Job Vacancy 2023
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Give regular daily context updates to the Field Coordinator and Area Manager before the commencement of field activities.
- Ensure that access control procedures to the field Office/Guest House are in place and adequately enforced by the security guards.
- Liaison with different stakeholders and support the Field Coordinator in organizing meetings when required.
- Support the Logistic Team to conduct safety assessments of vehicles rented for use by NRC in the Field Office.
- Ensure that all communication equipment (Satellite phones, GPS trackers, CCTVs) is in good working condition and available for use by staff in Monguno Field Office.
- Together with the Field Coordinators, Conduct daily staff headcount and report to HSS CMC
Qualification & Experience:
- Strong interpersonal skills, including capacities to negotiate with different stakeholders
- Strong Report-writing ability and security incident analysis. This will include conflict analysis and research capabilities.
- 2 to 3 years of working experience within a similar function in safety and security management with INGOs, the UN, or the government or private sector.
- Previous experience from working in complex and emergency contexts, particularly in North-East Nigeria is desired
- University or advanced degree in Social Studies, Administration, Security Management, Humanitarian/Refugee Affairs, and Disaster Risk Management. HND in a relevant similar field will be considered.
- Previous work experience and service in the uniformed forces (military, police, Prisons, NSCDC, etc.) is a desired advantage. A certificate of good service discharge will be required.
- Basic computer skills are mandatory (MS Word, Excel, PPT, Outlook, Sharepoint)
- Working skills in communication equipment (VHF Radio, Satellite Phones, GPS tracker, CCTV) is required.
- Basic web-based mapping knowledge or GIS
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply NRC Health Safety and Security Officer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 22 February 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.