Monash University invites applications from motivated and talented graduate researchers for Monash University Graduates Research Internships. This program recognises the importance of research and industry collaboration to discovering new opportunities and solving global issues.
It is expected that industry internships will offer graduate researchers the opportunity to contribute at strategic and operational levels to support organisations and businesses in the delivery of projects and programs.
Company/Organisation(s): Monash University, Australia
Internship Location: Australia
Internship Duration: 3 – 6 Months
Available Slot: Several
Basic Qualifications: Current PhD Students
Nationality: All nationalities
Also Apply: International Finance Corporation WBG Global Internship Program 2023
Monash University Graduates Research Internships | What to Expect
The PhD research internships offer you the opportunity to apply your research skills by working on short-term research projects in industry. Through a variety of pathways, our highly skilled PhD students can undertake short-term internship projects owned by industry partners including enterprises, businesses, and government agencies.
To compensate graduate researchers for their time and efforts, we therefore recommend a financial contribution from the host. The financial contribution from the host organisation could be set as a tax-deductible donation. The suggested host contribution is AU$9,000 for a 3-month full time (part-time equivalent) placement (minimum 60 days).
To be eligible for Monash University Graduates Research Internships, applicants are expected to meet the following conditions:
- Applicants must be Graduate research students
- Applicants must have strong leadership qualities and high- level communication skills.
- You should also be making good progress in your research and be confident that taking on the internship will not impact your research and/or course progression.
- The research internship must be related to your degree.
- Related to your area of research.
- Use the research skills/experience gained during your PhD.
- The research skill/experience will benefit your research or research area.
You can benefit from:
- Putting your research skills and theory to practice
- Boosting your employability
- Expanding your networks
- Contributing to industry
- Receiving financial support (stipend)
- Recognition towards the Monash Doctoral Program
See Also: OECD Internship Programme for Students 2023 (Paid Internship)
How-to-Apply: Once you have obtained the signed contract agreement (above) you will need to submit an application to vary your enrolment and undertake the internship via the PhD Internship online form and attach all relevant documents:
- Signed contract agreement
- Ethics approval (where relevant)
- Letter of Intent (required where you are undertaking the internship and obtain the signed contract agreement post 18 months of candidature).
Application Deadline: Not Stated
CLICK HERE FOR MORE SCHOLARSHIP LINKS