Mercy Corps Market Systems Advisor Jobs 2023 – Kenya NGO Jobs. Mercy Corps Kenya looking for “Market Systems Advisor”. Applicants with a University degree may apply on or before 28 February 2023.
Mercy Corps has been working in Kenya for over 30 years. With the formation of the independent Republic of Kenya in July 2011, Mercy Corps established a Country Office and has staff working all over the country to help build government institutions. Mercy Corps has maintained its presence in Kenya despite significant challenges in the operating environment by adopting a flexible approach to its work with the Government of Kenya.
Mercy Corps Market Systems Advisor Jobs 2023
The Mercy Corps has published a job vacancy announcement on 14 February 2023 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of Market Systems Advisor to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
Mercy Corps Job Vacancy 2023
The Position: The Markets Systems Advisor will lead PWS’ markets-related work for both Mercy Corps and Save the Children, supporting implementing partners to apply market systems development (MSD) and market-based programming (MBP) approaches. As any implementing partner (IP) receiving BHA funding is eligible for PWS support, the Advisor will work across multiple agencies and countries.
- Lead the development of PWS’ capacity strengthening, research and engagement strategy as it relates to MSD/MBP, including gathering information on gaps and needs through consultations, desk mapping and interviews with a wide range of implementers across the food security community
- Update and adapt the markets strategy as needed, to ensure PWS’ work remains responsive to implementers’ needs.
- Build external visibility and awareness around markets-related work, including representing PWS to senior leadership within Mercy Corps, across peer agencies, to USAID and other communities of practice such as the Market in Crisis working group.
Qualification & Experience:
- 5+ years experience in market systems development
- Experience in designing and implementing market-based programs in emergency and non-emergency contexts, including in hard to reach rural areas, with demonstrated experience designing/conducting/overseeing market systems assessments, sales and marketing activities, and private sector development activities. Such experience should also include coaching and training others on these approaches.
- Familiarity with agricultural markets and market-based sanitation required
- Exceptional facilitation and training skills, with experience designing curricula, tools and other learning/training materials for adult audiences in multiple country contexts
- Ability to work and collaborate effectively across multiple programs, partners and countries
- Experience applying social and behavior change (SBC) and/or human-centered design (HCD) principles a plus
- Familiarity with sanitation business models, product design, microfinance and/or financial product development strongly preferred,
- Previous experience with USAID/BHA funded food security programs preferred and in countries with USAID/BHA funded programming
- Fluency in spoken and written English (required) and French (highly preferred)
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply Mercy Corps Market Systems Advisor Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 28 February 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.