IRC MEL Specialist Jobs 2023 – Kenya NGO Jobs. IRC Kenya looking for “MEL Specialist”. Applicants with a University degree may apply on or before 21 February 2023.
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is a global humanitarian aid, relief, and development nongovernmental organization. Founded in 1933 as the International Relief Association, at the request of Albert Einstein, and changing its name in 1942 after amalgamating with the similar Emergency Rescue Committee, the IRC provides emergency aid and long-term assistance to refugees and those displaced by war, persecution, or natural disaster.
IRC MEL Specialist Jobs 2023
The IRC has published a job vacancy announcement on 08 February 2023 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of MEL Specialist to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
IRC Job Vacancy 2023
Position Summary: IRC is seeking a Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Specialist for an anticipated GAVI-funded 3-year global project to find low-cost Demand -Side Incentives (DSI) approaches that: Increase vaccination coverage and reduce the number of zero-dose children; Reach poor children and those living in isolated areas or facing other challenges accessing services; Improve timeliness of immunization; Improve the knowledge and attitudes of caregivers towards immunization.
- Develop, manage and implement a monitoring and evaluation system (performance monitoring plan) across all project components that leverages qualitative and quantitative methods, and draws from a variety of data sources to measure progress and evaluate impact, as well as support collaboration, implementation science, learning, and adaptation.
- Provide training, assistance, and consultation, as needed, on interpretation and use of performance benchmarking measures, indicators, and reports.
- Lead collection of periodic data reports and compilation of narrative reports and submit to Team Leader and Deputy Team Leader.
- Communicate information obtained through MEL activities to program staff, and external stakeholders, including GAVI, to enable informed decision making.
- Develop and ensure compliance with procedures for collection and reporting of project and program performance data to provide quality, timely data.
- Regularly review data collection processes, perform data quality assessments, and make adjustments as needed.
- Prepare the MEL section of the annual work plans, and of review or updates of it, as needed.
- Participate and provide input to program strategy, including necessary adjustments or refinements to the work plan.
Qualification & Experience:
- Advanced degree (PhD or masters degree) from an accredited university in public health, statistics, evaluation research, social science, international development, or a related discipline required; equivalent experience may be substituted for graduate degree;
- Minimum of eight years of experience in MEL and research for similar health programming. Experience with GAVI, USAID, or FCDO funded projects designed to improve health outcomes, including vaccination, health financing, particularly DSI, preferred.
- Experience developing performance monitoring plans and associated data collection tools, systems and methodologies.
- Demonstrated experience in use of qualitative and quantitative methods for data analysis;
- Experience supporting ministries of health in HMIS and health system strengthening;
- Experience working on health programming in fragile contexts, including familiarity with GAVI health indicators and approach.
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation of Cash and Voucher Assistance (CVA) for health outcomes and associated data collection tools, systems and methodologies is an added advantage
- Strong negotiation skills and the ability to develop relations with local counterparts, donors, and other stakeholders.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Fluency in English required.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply IRC MEL Specialist Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 21 February 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.