IRC Director of Economic Evaluation and Research Jobs 2023 – Kenya NGO Jobs. IRC Kenya looking for “Director of Economic Evaluation and Research”. Applicants with a PhD in economics may apply on or before 16 February 2023.
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is a global humanitarian aid, relief, and development nongovernmental organization. Founded in 1933 as the International Relief Association, at the request of Albert Einstein, and changing its name in 1942 after amalgamating with the similar Emergency Rescue Committee, the IRC provides emergency aid and long-term assistance to refugees and those displaced by war, persecution, or natural disaster.
IRC Director of Economic Evaluation and Research Jobs 2023
The IRC has published a job vacancy announcement on 04 February 2023 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of Director of Economic Evaluation and Research to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
IRC Job Vacancy 2023
Job Overview: The Economic Research team studies critical questions to improve economic outcomes for IRC’s programs and for the broader humanitarian sector. The portfolio includes studies on anticipatory cash programming, livelihoods for urban refugees, and women’s economic empowerment, ranging in questions and methods from impact evaluations to qualitative formative studies.
- Identify IRC-wide planning and budgeting processes with the largest impact on program cost-effectiveness, and work with process owners to improve IRC’s approach and achieve greater impact per dollar.
- Serve as a point of reference for issues of “value for money” across the organization, providing advice, data, and strategic feedback on-demand to teams.
- Lead a team of 7 full-time staff who conduct economic analysis for IRC teams and offices and promote the use of cost evidence in program design and decision-making.
- Develop the strategy and set and deliver on objectives, aligned with the needs of IRC’s Global Research & Innovation Priorities and Strategy 100.
- Work closely with the Airbel operations team to engage in financial and work force planning: Maintain high-level overview of funding for BUR practice team members in order to successfully cover staffing needs across BUR’s portfolio.
- Fundraise for BUR team and initiatives, individually and by contributing to proposal writing for projects led by other teams.
Qualification & Experience:
- PhD in economics or related field
- 10+ years of research and economic evaluation experience, with significant experience in humanitarian or development contexts.
- Experience developing and driving strategy and change across a large, complex international organization.
- Strong quantitative skills.
- Demonstrated skills and competencies in managing teams, including in low resource environments.
- Record of publication and authorship/co-authorship of peer-reviewed articles.
- Demonstrated success in fundraising for projects with public and private donors.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively in a multi-cultural environment
- Solid organizational skills: the ability to be flexible and work well under pressure, dealing with competing priorities, in a fast-paced team environment;
- Interest in and ability to think and plan at the ‘big picture’ level;
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply IRC Director of Economic Evaluation and Research Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 16 February 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.