IRC Community Wellbeing Initiative (CWI) Officer Jobs 2023 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs. IRC Ethiopia looking for “Community Wellbeing Initiative (CWI) Officer“. Applicants with a degree in BA Degree may apply on or before 25th Feb 2023.
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is a global humanitarian aid, relief, and development nongovernmental organization. Founded in 1933 as the International Relief Association, at the request of Albert Einstein, and changing its name in 1942 after amalgamating with the similar Emergency Rescue Committee, the IRC provides emergency aid and long-term assistance to refugees and those displaced by war, persecution, or natural disaster.
IRC Community Wellbeing Initiative (CWI) Officer Jobs 2023
The IRC has published a job vacancy announcement on 13th Feb 2023 for qualified Ethiopians to fill in the vacant post of Community Wellbeing Initiative (CWI) Officer to be based in Adama, Ethiopia.
IRC Job Vacancy 2023
- Conduct trainings on Gender Based Violence (GBV) response and prevention to government and non-government service providers based on field site’s needs, requests, and scheduling.
- Be seconded at government institution and provide technical support on GBV case management and counseling support.
- Support one stop center
- Support the implementation and monitoring and evaluation of project activities.
- Work on monthly and progress reports.
- Develop CWI communication materials (brochures, leaflets) as needed.
- Establish community groups and build their capacity on GBV response and prevention.
- Establish good partnership with different actors including schools and provide technical support.
- Conduct monthly BVA reviews and make appropriate recommendations to CWI Addis team as needed.
- Support in the update/establish of a functional GBV referral system, Standard Operating Procedures (SoPs), maintain good GBV coordination mechanism with other actors to ensure comprehensive response intervention, risk mitigation and GBV services provision at the target region.
- Support in prevention program activity design of effective community outreach and engagement strategies to strengthen the protective environment for women and girls and maximize the community impact including engaging men and boys.
- Participate in monitoring and evaluation activities including in assessments and surveys.
- Assist with all aspects of project implementation in region and provide operational support (i.e., HR & Admin., Finance, Logistics) including facilitating procurement requests, following up on PR tracking, etc.
Position in Organization:
- Requisition ID: req37900
- Job Title: Community Wellbeing Initiative (CWI) Officer
- Sector: Community Development
- Employment Category: Fixed Term
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Open to Expatriates: No
- Location: Adama, Ethiopia
Qualification & Experience:
- BA/MA Degree in Social Work, Sociology, Public Health, Women’s Studies, or other social science fields.
- Minimum work experience of 2 years for BA Degree & 1 year for MA Degree holders. NGO experience is a plus.
- Demonstrated experience in counseling or social service provision with women and adolescent girls.
How to Apply IRC Community Wellbeing Initiative (CWI) Officer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://rescue.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/home/requisition/37900?c=rescue
The Closing Date: 25th Feb 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.