IRC Associate Director of Research Maternal and Newborn Health Jobs 2023 – Kenya NGO Jobs. IRC Kenya looking for “Associate Director of Research Maternal and Newborn Health”. Applicants with a Masters degree may apply on or before 15 February 2023.
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is a global humanitarian aid, relief, and development nongovernmental organization. Founded in 1933 as the International Relief Association, at the request of Albert Einstein, and changing its name in 1942 after amalgamating with the similar Emergency Rescue Committee, the IRC provides emergency aid and long-term assistance to refugees and those displaced by war, persecution, or natural disaster.
IRC Associate Director of Research Maternal and Newborn Health Jobs 2023
The IRC has published a job vacancy announcement on 03 February 2023 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of Associate Director of Research Maternal and Newborn Health to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
IRC Job Vacancy 2023
Job Overview: The IRC is seeking an experienced senior researcher to lead field-based implementation and operational research studies in Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn, Child and Adolescent Health in low-resource contexts. Specific expertise in Maternal and Newborn Health (MNH) in conflict-affected areas is strongly preferred. The Associate Director of Research, Maternal & Newborn Health will lead field-based research on MNH programs, play an active role in increasing the visibility of MNH in humanitarian settings, drive business development and proposal submissions, and build partnerships to impact MNH in high-mortality contexts. They will also be expected to support research around contraceptive and abortion access, as opportunities arise.
- Co-lead two large implementation research studies in Somalia and South Sudan that evaluate the effectiveness of a community-based maternal and newborn care program, using a prospective cohort study design (with pre-post survey) and process evaluation.
- Lead the design and implementation of new MNH research projects in collaboration with technical advisors, field teams, and research partners.
- Proactively develop and manage partnerships and business development opportunities to carry out IRC’s research agenda.
- Work closely with Director, SRHR/MNH Research & Innovation, to engage in work force planning for research studies; lead a successful and impactful research team, and ensure implementation of professional development plans for team members.
- Present and publish research findings in academic journals and practitioner-focused outlets, including high impact journals and media pieces.
- Share research and ensure use of evidence across the organization in the MNH technical area.
Qualification & Experience:
- PhD with 6-10 years of experience or Masters with at least 8+ years’ experience conducting and leading research.
- At least 5 years’ experience in public health, with at least two years’ experience conducting relevant research in developing countries.
- At least two years of field research experience in humanitarian or low-resource settings, with demonstrated experience in leading their own research.
- Demonstrated technical expertise in leading complex field-based health research studies in low-resource contexts. Preferred experience in or familiarity with maternal and newborn health and in conflict-affected contexts of Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Able to work with remote, multi-cultural, and multi-disciplinary teams
- Excellent communication skills, particularly in writing and presentation.
- Ability to train others and transfer technical knowledge and skills.
- Willingness to travel to fragile/conflict-affected contexts.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply IRC Associate Director of Research Maternal and Newborn Health Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 15 February 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.