IOM Reporting Officer Jobs 2023 – Nigeria NGO Jobs. IOM Nigeria looking for “Reporting Officer”. Applicants with a Master’s degree may apply on or before 14 February 2023.
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. With 174 member states, a further 8 states holding observer status and offices in over 100 countries, IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM Reporting Officer Jobs 2023
The IOM has published a job vacancy announcement on 01 February 2023 for qualified Nigeria’s to fill in the vacant post of Reporting Officer to be based in Maiduguri, Nigeria.
IOM Job Vacancy 2023
Context: Under the overall supervision of the Head of Sub-Office (HoSO) and the direct supervision of the Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) Coordinator and in close technical coordination with the DTM Project Officer, DTM Information Management & GIS Officer, and the DTM support teams in the regional office, global operations, and Headquarters, the Reporting Officer (DTM) will be responsible for supporting the implementation and coordination of the overall reporting, analysis, editorial process, publications and dissemination of DTM Nigeria information products and the overall donor queries and project reporting.
Core Functions/ Responsibilities:
- Support the implementation of DTM activities and field assessments involving multi-layered data collection techniques to gather timely information about displacement, population mobility, and movement flows and returnee assessments.
- Participate in the development and implementation of data collection, tools, and analysis exercises in alignment with Nigeria’s DTM strategic and operational plan, including its reporting and dissemination.
- Identify gaps and areas for improvement and propose solutions to improve data collection, analysis procedures, reporting, effectiveness, and efficiency of the methodologies used and the processes to maximize performance and contextualization of DTM field activities.
- Organize and deliver capacity-building initiatives to the DTM field staff, operational partners, NGOs and government authorities on data, Information Management (IM), reporting, etc. Facilitate on-the-job training and knowledge transfer to DTM staff dealing with IM and reporting.
- Participate in meetings and engagement with partners and local authorities on matters related to displacement data, as well as undertake duty travel, as required, related to project implementation, coordination, training, and liaison with partners.
- Master’s degree in Information Management, Computer Science, Political or Social Science, International Law, Humanitarian Affairs, or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience;
- Master’s degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience in emergency response and humanitarian assistance and the implementation of early recovery activities;
- Experience with ECHO and BHA reporting templates is advantageous;
- Experience in data collection, research, and report writing;
- Experience working with data protection guidelines and principles;
- Experience in project implementation in a humanitarian context;
- Experience writing technical documents, translating/planning specifications to technical briefs for data capture/analysis, and compiling diverse datasets;
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply IOM Reporting Officer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 14 February 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.