IOM Project Manager Jobs 2023 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs. IOM Ethiopia looking for “Project Manager“. Applicants with a degree in Masters Degree may apply on or before 23rd Feb 2023.
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. With 174 member states, a further 8 states holding observer status and offices in over 100 countries, IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM Project Manager Jobs 2023
The IOM has published a job vacancy announcement on 11th Feb 2023 for qualified Ethiopians to fill in the vacant post of Project Manager to be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
IOM Job Vacancy 2023
- Manage, coordinate, and ensure the project’s implementation in a timely manner, backstopping its financial, administrative, and technical aspects, in line with IOM’s policies and procedures, as well as donor requirements.
- Ensure project progress is monitored and assessed, increase effectiveness, and take appropriate action accordingly.
- Manage and supervise the work of staff members assigned to the project and ensure that the different components are well synchronized and coordinated.
- Establish and maintain strong partnerships with Government entities at the local, regional, and federal levels, implementing partners, UN agencies and other stakeholders including the communities in the project’s target locations.
- Prepare progress and other reports and ensure proper information exchange on all operational aspects of the project between IOM, the programme’s donor (KOICA), and other stakeholders.
- Assess and identify gaps in project activities and new project possibilities in the displacement-affected communities in line with the needs of the localities in coordination with local authorities and stakeholders.
- Represent IOM at relevant workshops and meetings related to the project and other programmatic areas and actively participate in the regular briefing of the donor and the government, the Ministry of Peace, in particular.
- In coordination with IOM Ethiopia Communications Department, ensure full and regular visibility of project activities as they relate to success stories, human stories, and impact of the project in the target communities.
- Ensure best practices and lessons learnt are recorded and shared in a timely manner for future reference.
- Undertake site visits and duty travel as required.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Position in Organization:
- Position Title : Project Manager (Durable Solutions)
- Duty Station : Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Classification : Professional Staff, Grade P3
- Type of Appointment : Fixed term, one year with possibility of extension
- Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
- Closing Date : 23 February 2023
Qualification & Experience:
- Master’s degree in Political or Social Sciences, International Relations, Law, or a related field from an accredited academic institution.
- At least five years of relevant professional experience.
How to Apply IOM Project Manager Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://recruit.iom.int/sap/bc/webdynpro/sap/hrrcf_a_posting_apply?PARAM=cG9zdF9pbnN0X2d1aWQ9MDAwRDNBQUE5N0RDMUVEREFBQTBGQ0YxMUEwNTIxMjgmY2FuZF90eXBlPUVYVA%3d%3d&sap-wd-configid=ZHRRCF_A_POSTING_APPLY&sap-theme=iom_corbu&sap-client=100&sap-language=EN#
The Closing Date: 23rd Feb 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.