IOM Medical Officer Jobs 2023 – South Africa NGO Jobs. IOM South Africa looking for “Medical Officer“. Applicants with a University degree may apply on or before 20th February 2023.
The International Organization for Migration is an intergovernmental organization that provides services and advice concerning migration to governments and migrants, including internally displaced persons, refugees, and migrant workers. In September 2016, IOM became a related organization of the United Nations.
IOM Medical Officer Jobs 2023
The IOM has published a job vacancy announcement on 10th February 2023 for qualified South Africa’s to fill in the vacant post of Medical Officer to be based in Pretoria, South Africa.
Core Functions/ Responsibilities
- Ensure the efficient daily operations of the Migration Health Assessment Center (MHAC), in close coordination with the Chief Migration Health Officer (CMHO).
- Ensure proper identification of refugees and migrants during the health assessment and record all relevant health information in standard forms; ensuring completeness and accuracy of the recorded information.
- Perform treatment for TB and sexually transmitted infections and provide support to the HIV and counselling activities. Support coordination of TB management to ensure effective TB treatment.
- Support coordination and provision of immunization and presumptive treatment programmes in full compliance with the technical guidelines and protocols of the resettlement countries. Assist CMHO in monitoring, supervising and educating of staff in the delivery of these programmes.
- Contribute to and maintain a system of quality improvement for each service area within the MHAC. Undertake quality control activities on a regular basis, including practice observation, desk audits and use of self-assessment tools. Use data analysis and web reporting system to monitor performance indicators. Ensure implementation of the global IOM Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs); create and implement Pretoria MHAC specific SOPs for each service area. Ensure proper reporting and management of incidents according to the Guidance Note for Incident Management.
- Review and outline current mental health screening protocols in HAP operations MHD Pretoria ensuring that all are in line with the receiving countries’ recommendations and technical instructions.
- Support TB diagnosis, treatment and final clearance related to Migration Health Assessment.
- Support coordination of Directly Observed Therapy (DOT) for refugees and migrants in South Africa, Angola, Mozambique, Namibia, Botswana and Madagascar.
- Provide support, advice, and guidance for preparation of medical movements from Angola, Botswana, Mozambique, Namibia and Madagascar. Participate in escort duties.
- Coordinate with Panel Physicians in Angola, Botswana, Mozambique, Namibia and Madagascar to ensure that Technical Instructions (TIs) of the various programmes are adhered to.
- Perform quality control on all files received from Angola, Botswana, Mozambique, Namibia and Madagascar and validate them in MIMOSA.
- Organize systematic collection, processing and analyses of migration health data according to guidelines established by the CMHO. Ensure data quality. Provide periodic, as well as ad-hoc reporting to the CMHO for Migration Health activities.
- Ensure that all data related to heath assessment programmes is appropriately entered to Migrant Management Operational System Application (MiMOSA) and other related databases.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
- University degree in Medicine from an accredited academic institution with at least four years of professional work experience.
- Minimum of four (4) years post-graduation with continuous clinical experience.
- Valid license to practice within the country is mandatory.
- Fluency in English (both oral and written) required.
- Working knowledge of local languages is an advantage.
- Requisition ID: 1269
- Position Grade: NOC
- Appointment Type: One Year Fixed Term Contract, with the possibility of extension
- Job Schedule: Full time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply IOM Medical Officer Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://career2.successfactors.eu/career………
The Closing Date: 20th February 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.