Action Against Hunger is inviting credible applicants who are willing to partake in its ongoing recruitment to fill the position below:
Job Title: Information Systems Manager
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Job Type: Full Time
Department: Monitoring and Evaluation
Reporting to: MEAL HOD
About Action Against Hunger: Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in MIS, IT, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Geography (GIS) or a related subject, with previous experience working in humanitarian projects.
- A Minimum of 5 years of Management Information System related work experience.
- Experience in database management and mapping.
- Experience with mobile data collection methodologies, software and devices;
- Professional, motivated, open, creative, mature, responsible, flexible and, culturally sensitive.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills, and ability to work under pressure;
- Commitment to and understanding of Action Against Hunger aims, values and principles.
- Excellent computer skills, particularly with MIS platforms.
- Strong experience with cartography, infographics and other GIS platforms;
- Willing and able to be based and travel regularly within remote areas, where services are limited.
- Previous experience with Action Against Hunger or International NGO.
- Experience and conversant with M&E systems, preferably in INGO.
- Strong interpersonal and community norms understanding.
- Experience with participatory fieldwork methodologies.
- Fluency in English (both written and spoken skills).
How to Submit Your Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion
- Action Against Hunger provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply
Application Closing Date
10th February 2023.