ILO Social Protection Project Manager P4 Jobs 2023 – Zambia NGO Jobs. ILO Zambia looking for “Social Protection Project Manager P4“. Applicants with a degree in Advanced University Degree may apply on or before 1st Feb 2023.
The International Labour Organization is a United Nations agency whose mandate is to advance social and economic justice through setting international labour standards. Founded in October 1919 under the League of Nations, it is the first and oldest specialised agency of the UN.
ILO Social Protection Project Manager P4 Jobs 2023
The ILO has published a job vacancy announcement on 25th Jan 2023 for qualified Zambians to fill in the vacant post of Social Protection Project Manager P4 to be based in Lusaka, Zambia.
ILO Job Vacancy 2023
Description Of Duties: Within the policy and procedural requirements established by the ILO, the incumbent will be responsible for the administrative and technical management of several ongoing development cooperation projects, including GLO/22/31/IRL; GLO/20/59/FRA; ZAM/19/01/CEF. The incumbent will be responsible for:
- Ensure timely and efficient coordination and delivery of outputs, and monitoring and evaluation of the projects interventions, in conformity with ILO policies, project strategies, programming guidelines and administrative and financial procedures. Promote the application of the ILO’s Results Monitoring tool in the context of these projects. Prepare quality reports and publications concerning development cooperation delivery (including financial delivery), monitoring and evaluation, including providing inputs to the Annual Report of ILO’s Global Flagship Programme, webpages of projects and digital country pages. Coordinate the compilation of annual progress reports to the donor and evaluations of the projects.
- Ensure the delivery of the Irish Aid/ILO project interventions foreseen in Malawi, Mozambique, Zambia, and Viet Nam and at global/regional levels by providing technical assistance to national processes for the design, governance and implementation of social protection systems, including floors.
- Coordinate the implementation of the GLO/20/59/FRA project with its various components, Global/Regional level, Côte d’Ivoire and Senegal components, the research and the OSH components. Ensure the delivery of all components of the project. Provide technical inputs to the activities and products. Coordinate the inputs to the mid-term independent evaluation of the project and liaise with the ILO Evaluation Manager and the project team.
- Represent the ILO in the inter-agency coordination and implementation processes of the second GRZ-UN Joint Programme on Social Protection 2019-2022 “UNJPSP-II”, and ensure the implementation of the deliverables under the direct responsibility of the ILO
- Manage efficiently the human resources of the CO-Lusaka SP Team including recruitment, performance and talent management aspects. Plan, organize, supervise and monitor the work of officials working under the Irish Aid project, the UNJP on Social Protection in Zambia and forthcoming UN Joint Programmes in the areas of Social Protection covered by CO-Lusaka, in close collaboration with the SP Public Finance Management EC-INTPA project based in Mozambique
- Be the CO-Lusaka focal point for Social Protection/Social Security issues in Zambia and Malawi, and in collaboration with the Social Protection project Manager based in Mozambique. Provide technical and policy advisory services in Zambia and Malawi, to ILO constituents and other national and regional institutions in the field of social protection/social security, with a particular emphasis on rights-based public social protection schemes and programmes, including contributory social insurance and non-contributory benefits, as well as on relevant thematic issues, such as climate change and shock responsiveness, in close collaboration with technical specialists in the countries, in the regions, in SOCPRO and in the field.
- Ensure technical coherence among various ILO activities and projects in the area of Social Protection/Social Security in Zambia and Malawi, and in close collaboration with the Social Protection projects in Mozambique, promote linkages between Social Protection/Social Security activities under CO-Lusaka. Ensure technical coherence across the countries of implementation of the GLO/20/59/FRA
- Provide policy advice to ILO’s constituents in Zambia and Malawi on institutional strengthening, the application of ILO standards and the promotion of technical cooperation activities on Social Protection/Social Security, and in close collaboration with the SP PFM project based in Mozambique.
- Contribute to the strategic reinforcement and wide dissemination of the TRANSFORM (Leadership and Transformation Curriculum on Building and Managing Social Protection Floors in Africa) learning package
- Provide technical inputs to the thematic focus on social protection and climate change, as well as, where applicable, on the humanitarian development nexus (HDPN), in the context of the country and regions of the projects GLO/20/59/FRA and GLO/21/52/FRA (Côte d’Ivoire and Senegal), GLO/22/31/IRL (Malawi, Mozambique, Zambia, and Viet Nam); and ZAM/19/01/CEF (Zambia). It includes contributions to reports and organization of technical meetings, resource mobilization and development of partnerships for concrete implementation of the approach in countries.
Position in Organization:
- Social Protection Project Manager P4
- Grade: P4
- Vacancy no.: DC/LUSAKA/P/2023/04
- Publication date: 25 January 2023
- Application deadline (midnight Zambian time): 1 February 2023
- Job ID: 10390
- Department: RO-Africa
- Organization Unit: CO-Lusaka
- Location: Lusaka
- Contract type: Fixed Term
- Contract duration: 1 year
Qualification & Experience:
- Advanced university degree in economics, social sciences, business administration, law or a relevant field.
- At least seven years of professional experience in the field of Social Security/Protection including three years at the international level. Demonstrated experience in policy analysis and applied research.
- Proven management experience, preferably with the ILO or a UN agency, with sound knowledge and experience in all aspects of project cycle management, i.e. from design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation. Experience working in Africa for reputable NGOs would be an advantage.
- Proven experience in partnership building and networking and in effective fundraising, resource mobilisation and donor relations.
How to Apply ILO Social Protection Project Manager P4 Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://jobs.ilo.org/job/Lusaka-Social-Protection-Project-Manager-P4-(DC)/895762801/
The Closing Date: 1st Feb 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.