Okra is inviting credible applicants who are willing to partake in its ongoing recruitment to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Engineering
About Okra: Our mission is to digitize financial services. We are building the tools and services that will enable developers launch, optimize, & scale financial platforms and services. Our thesis is simply the fact that – financial innovation cannot exist without an Open Finance infrastructure. Essentially, the growth of the African Fintech industry is intrinsically tied to the success of an infrastructure like Okra.
- You will have seen what great looks like, you have led technology teams that have built products that are industry leading and you are known for raising the bar
- You have 10+ years of relevant experience including 5+ years of experience leading a 20+ engineering organization and leadership experience overseeing managers and directors
- 10+ years of overall technical experience, including deep technical knowledge of infrastructure management of diverse local- and cloud-based topologies with strong emphasis on cloud infrastructure
- You have a solid track rector of developing software products from inception to mass adoption
- Demonstrated ability to manage, motivate and hold accountable a high-performing, distributed team and can take advantage of talent across geographies – you are known as a talent magnet
- Demonstrated ability to set and guide engineering strategy in collaboration with product priorities and objectives
- Demonstrated ability to bring people together and motivate them to tackle a set of strategies and goals
- Experience leading within an infrastructure environment as well as consumer-grade applications.
- 5+ years of experience of managing products, budgets, and justifying resource needs to senior leaders and finance partners.
- Prior experience and demonstrated success delivering technical solutions in high-growth environments with a proven track record of innovative thinking balanced with a strong customer and quality focus.
- A bias to action and execution, ability to operate in rigorous sprints, and fast productive cycles
- Forward-thinking strategist with proven success in translating strategy to tactical plans with high-quality execution and delivery, including the ability to get hands-on when developing systems architectures.
Nice to have:
- Prior demonstrated experience being a catalyst for positive change and demonstrated ability to influence and be influenced, all within a global, fast-paced growth environment.
- A healthy skepticism for the status quo and an unwillingness to settle.
- An empathetic leadership style driven by strong self-awareness.
How to Submit Your Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Note: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Application Closing Date