Government of Romania Scholarship: The annual scholarship programme for foreign citizens offered by the Government of Romania, through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs is ongoing and open for application from students who are non-EU citizens.
Each year, the Romanian Government, through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, provides a number of scholarships to citizens from non-EU countries. Only applicants who are in possession of good results in education for their last graduated school are encouraged to apply.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Government of Romania
Scholarship Type: Partial Funding
Host Institution(s): Universities in Romania
Scholarship Worth: Not specified
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Undergraduate and Postgraduate
Nationality: Non-EU Students
See Also: List of Top Government Scholarships 2023 | Fully Funded
Government of Romania Scholarships 2023 | Eligibility Criteria
To be considered for the Government of Romania Scholarships for studies in Romania 2023, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Foreign students from all non-EU countries.
- Apply to enroll in eligible courses at an accredited higher education institution in Romania.
- May apply for admission into a bachelor’s degree, master’s degree or doctoral programme at an accredited institution of higher learning.
- Demonstrate excellent academic and research abilities.
- Exemption from the payment of registration fees or any other fees.
- Financing the tuition expenses for the Romanian language preparatory year.
- Financing the tuition expenses for the actual studies.
- Granting a monthly scholarship for students enrolled in the Romanian language preparatory year.
- Financing the accommodation expenses.
- Medical assistance
- Transport allowance
- Payment of the study visa fee
Also, Check: Government of Mauritius Scholarships for Africans 2023 [Fully Funded]
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the Government of Romania Scholarships 2023 for non-EU citizens are to access the registration platform via the Apply for MFA Scholarships button, or through the direct platform. The platform can be accessed both in English and French.
- Copies of all certificates obtained and their authorized translation into English, French, Spanish or Romanian, if applicable.
- Copies of transcripts of the completed studies and their authorized translations.
- Copy of the birth certificate.
- Copy of the first three pages of the passport or of the national document of identity and their authorized translation into English, French, Spanish or Romanian, if applicable.
- Curriculum vitae in English or French.
- For the doctoral cycle, the candidate needs to submit a letter of intent containing the list of scientific works, specialized publications, the detailed description of the proposed research project, as well as the agreement of a tutor, which must be a member of the chosen doctoral school. Both documents must be written in English, French or Romanian.
Application Deadline: 1st March, 2023