FAO National Information Technology (IT) / Data Management Specialist Jobs 2023 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs. FAO Ethiopia looking for “National Information Technology (IT) / Data Management Specialist“. Applicants with a degree in Advanced University Degree may apply on or before 4th Feb 2023.
The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger and improve nutrition and food security. Its Latin motto, fiat panis, translates to “let there be bread”. It was founded in October 1945.
FAO National Information Technology (IT) / Data Management Specialist Jobs 2023
The FAO has published a job vacancy announcement on 20th Jan 2023 for qualified Ethiopians to fill in the vacant post of National Information Technology (IT) / Data Management Specialist to be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
FAO Job Vacancy 2023
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Put in place a cloud-based IT/data management system (server) for MRV data archiving, management and sharing system that is operational and interoperable with that of the GHGi Unit (and with the potential to link to monitoring systems for biodiversity (SIS) to be accessed by international and local stakeholders);
- Support establishment of two new MRV labs in Gambella and South West Ethiopia regions;
- In consultation with respective regions, identify MRV laboratories IT equipment needs and prepare technical specifications based on the needs;
- Troubleshoot any potential issues with making labs fully functional by liaising with country counterparts and FAO Ethiopia procurement officer;
- Train national and subnational staff in the use of the MRV Lab server and equipment;
- Produce training instructions in the form of a manual and video of instructions available online on accessing data management system and data storage/management protocol;
- Secure connectivity between national & sub-national MRV Units through sustained internet connectivity and the utilization of the cloud-based server;
- Establish forest information accounting system for locating and monitoring A/R activities – database with tree planting/enclosure sites (FIS);
- Develop data dashboard of aggregated emission results (national and regional) linking to cloud based database and making available to teams responsible for reporting in GHGi team as well as international and local stakeholders;
- Develop a user interface to share aggregated results to support in enhancing natural resources management and agricultural production system;
- Develop a platform for a back-up of disaggregated datasets to be accessed and downloaded by non-commercial entities (i.e. research organizations);
- Liaise with IOs, GOs and NGOs working in MRV related institutions as appropriate;
- Perform other related duties as required.
Position in Organization:
- National Information Technology (IT)/Data Management Specialist
- Job Posting: 20/Jan/2023
- Closure Date: 04/Feb/2023, 4:29:00 AM
- Organizational Unit: FRETH
- Job Type: Non-staff opportunities
- Type of Requisition: NPP (National Project Personnel)
- Grade Level: N/A
- Primary Location: Ethiopia-Addis Ababa
- Duration: 11 Months
- Post Number: N/A
Qualification & Experience:
- Advanced university degree in Information Technology (IT) and data management system or other related fields.
- 12 years of relevant experience in IT and data management system.
How to Apply FAO National Information Technology (IT) / Data Management Specialist Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://jobs.fao.org/careersection/fao_external/jobdetail.ftl?job=2300157
The Closing Date: 4th Feb 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.