FAO Green Cities Assessment Specialist Jobs 2023 – Zimbabwe NGO Jobs. FAO Zimbabwe looking for “Green Cities Assessment Specialist“. Applicants with a degree in Advanced University degree may apply on or before Feb. 07, 2023.
The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger and improve nutrition and food security. Its Latin motto, fiat panis, translates to “let there be bread”. It was founded in October 1945.
FAO Green Cities Assessment Specialist Jobs 2023
The FAO has published a job vacancy announcement on January 23, 2023 for qualified Zimbabwe’s to fill in the vacant post of Green Cities Assessment Specialist to be based in Harare, Zimbabwe.
|Recruiter||Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO)|
|Position||Green Cities Assessment Specialist|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Qualification||Advanced University degree|
|Experience Required||Minimum Ten years|
|Application Deadline||Feb. 07, 2023|
FAO Job Vacancy 2023
Tasks and responsibilities
- Assess the two Cities of Bulawayo and Harare and their Peri-Urban areas under the three pillars of Urban-Peri Urban Agriculture, Urban Food Systems and Urban-Peri-urban Forestry.
- Conduct workshops to validate findings of the assessment with stakeholders and develop clear activities to feed into identification of priorities by both cities and key stakeholders
- Prepare detailed report and policy brief from the engagements with the various stakeholders.
- Detailed report on findings of assessment and recommendations on the three pillars:
- List of identified priorities by Cities and key stakeholders and multiyear investment plan for each of the two cities
Position in Organization:
- Job Posting: 23/Jan/2023
- Closure Date: 07/Feb/2023, 4:29:00 AM
- Organizational Unit: FRZIM
- Job Type: Non-staff opportunities
- Type of Requisition: PSA (Personal Services Agreement)
- Grade Level: N/A
- Primary Location: Zimbabwe-Harare
- Duration: 45 days when actually employed (WAE)
- Post Number: N/A
- Advanced University degree in Agriculture, Urban Planning, Forestry, Water, Food systems or a related field.
- At least 10 years of proven experience in carrying out assessments, urban investment analysis and policy advocate and designs for urban systems.
- Working knowledge (level C) of English.
- Working knowledge of Shona and Ndebele will be an added advantage
- National or resident of Zimbabwe
Technical/ Functional Skills
- Experience in working with City /urban councils is desirable
- Experience in working with/or in government departments, national and international NGOs and other UN agencies is desirable.
- Experience with agro-ecological and sustainable community based natural resources management will be an advantage
- Good technical writing and communication skills, computer literacy and expertise in urban planning/design
- Good interpersonal relationships and ability to relate with communities in Urban and peri urban areas.
How to Apply FAO Green Cities Assessment Specialist Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://jobs.fao.org/careersection/fao_external/jobdetail.ftl?job=2300176
The Closing Date: Feb. 07, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.