DRC Team Leader – Economic Recovery Jobs 2023 – Kenya NGO Jobs. DRC Kenya looking for “Team Leader – Economic Recovery”. Applicants with a Bachelor’s degree may apply on or before 07 February 2023.
Founded in 1956, the Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is Denmark’s largest, and a leading international NGO – one of the few with a specific expertise in forced displacement. In 40 countries 9,000 employees protect, advocate and build sustainable futures for refugees and other displacement affected people and communities. DRC works during displacement at all stages: In the acute crisis, in exile, when settling and integrating in a new place, or upon return.
DRC Team Leader – Economic Recovery Jobs 2023
The DRC has published a job vacancy announcement on 30 January 2023 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of Team Leader – Economic Recovery to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
DRC Job Vacancy 2023
Job Purpose: The role of the Team Leader: Economic Recovery, is to ensure development and implementation of the Economic Recovery programming in Dadaab/Kakuma. He/ She will support voluntary return, vocational (tailoring, handloom, ICT) and micro enterprise development (IGA groups, Value chain development and Village Saving and Loan-VSL).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate, supervise and manage the team of Livelihoods unit to achieve project deliverables both effectively and efficiently.
- Undertake value chain support functions (milk and meat)
- Ensure comprehensive project cycle management, with overall supervision of daily activities. Ensure that M&E plan is established and implemented.
- Oversee and ensure age, gender and diversity and HAP mainstreaming in the programmes. Coordinate with livelihoods and protection departments.
- Supervise participatory needs assessments and identify appropriate livelihood interventions to increase incomes for the local and refugee communities and reduce poverty in the target areas.
- Provide technical leadership to ongoing programs including skills development, MSME development, and VSLAs – as well as expanding MSD approach within our existing programming.
- Lead and review and submit all internal and external reports issued by the livelihoods unit.
- Take a leading role in mainstreaming Value chain, VSL and Market linkages in the livelihoods sector
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in International Development, Business Administration, Economics, Sociology, Agri-business, Agriculture
- Minimum of Degree in Business Administration, Economics, Entrepreneurship or Community Development
- Minimum of 5-7 years’ experience setting up and implementing livelihoods or income generating projects preferably within an International NGO in a refugee/IDP setting
- Minimum 2-3 years’ proven experience at supervisory management essential
- Experience in climate-smart livelihoods interventions
- Skills in micro-business/enterprise training
- Knowledge and the practice of value-chains, GS&L and other microfinance delivery approaches essential
- Prior experience working with county governments and other duty-bearers in the implementation of livelihoods interventions
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team; well organized, and able to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Working knowledge of MS Office and other relevant computer applications,
- Able to adapt to changing programme priorities and emergency priorities that may arise
- Strong self-starter, able to take initiatives.
- Good planning and organizational skills coupled with problem solving capabilities
- Hands-on community mobilization skills
- Experience in working in harsh climatic conditions and ability to communicate in the Somali language will be an added advantage
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply DRC Team Leader – Economic Recovery Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 07 February 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.