Action Against Hunger is inviting credible applicants who are willing to partake in its ongoing recruitment to fill the position below:
Job Title: Deputy Head of WASH Department
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Job Type: Full Time
Reporting to: WASH Head of Department
Proposed start date: March 2023
About Action Against Hunger: Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Engineering (Civil, Water, Construction or Hydrology), Public Health or Social Sciences;
- Minimum of 3 years experience in the international NGO context with a sound knowledge of WASH issues in crisis contexts;
- Knowledge of humanitarian principles, Sphere and HAP Standards and other international humanitarian WASH guidelines;
- Technical design skills using AutoCAD or Arch CAD;
- Proposal development and reporting skills;
- Good anticipation and planning skills, especially in changing work contexts;
- Good problem-solving skills;
- Ability to enforce procedures;
- Experience in communicating in different cultural contexts and work environments with a wide diversity of cultures;
- Experience in attending and contributing to meetings with government and other agencies;
- Ability to produce clear written and oral communications in English;
- Good computer skills with the ability to use Microsoft word and excel;
- High-level diplomacy skills is a plus;
- Ability to work with little or no supervision and attention to detail;
- Willingness and ability to travel to the field for program monitoring and supportive visits.
How to Submit Your Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion
- Action Against Hunger provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
- Other benefits include but not limited to 100% health care coverage, free and direct access to Cross Knowledge e-learning platform.
- Women at ACF are entitled to benefits such as maternity leave, compassionate leave for a hospitalized child and creche facilities for babies and toddlers.
Application Closing Date
10th February 2023.