World Health Organization is inviting credible applicants who are willing to partake in its ongoing recruitment to fill the position below:
Job Title: Consultant – Mental Health (Emphasis on Public Mental Health and Government Mental Health Systems and Services)
Job ID: 2301272
Location: Anywhere (Off-site – Home based)
Schedule: Full Time
Contractual Arrangement: External consultant
Contract Duration (Years, Months, Days): 11 Months
Organization: HQ/ODM Office of the Director MSD.
About World Health Organization: World Health Organization (WHO) is the directing and coordinating authority for health within the United Nations system. It is responsible for providing leadership on global health matters, shaping the health research agenda, setting norms and standards, articulating evidence-based policy options, providing technical support to countries and monitoring and assessing health trends.
- First University Degree in any of the following mental health areas: (e.g., Clinical / Counselling Psychology, Mental Health Nursing, Clinical Social Work, Cccupational Therapy).
- Post-graduate Degree in Mental Health, Public Health or related field.
- 7 to 10 years of combined experience working in mental health programs in low resource settings.
- Experience in working with Government on mental health services development in low or middle-income countries.
- Experience of training mental health workers and lay-persons, including in the areas of assessment, treatment, human rights, and suicide / self-harm prevention.
- Experience partnering with civil society for mental health advocacy and programme implementation.
- Experience on the application of human rights instruments specific to mental health.
- Experience working in and with MHPSS in Emergencies response frameworks.
How to Submit Your Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Closing Date
22nd February, 2023.