CIP Research Assistant Jobs 2023 – Uganda NGO Jobs. CIP Uganda looking for “Research Assistant“. Applicants with a degree in Bachelor’s degree may apply on or before Feb. 14, 2023.
The International Potato Center (known as CIP from its Spanish-language name Centro Internacional de la Papa) is a research facility based in Lima, Peru, that seeks to reduce poverty and achieve food security on a sustained basis in developing countries through scientific research and related activities on potato, sweet potato, other root and tuber crops, and on the improved management of natural resources in the Andes and other mountain areas.
CIP Research Assistant Jobs 2023
The CIP has published a job vacancy announcement on Feb. 10, 2023 for qualified Uganda’s to fill in the vacant post of Research Assistant to be based in Kampala, Uganda.
|Recruiter||International Potato Center (CIP)|
|Total Vacant Post||N/A|
|Experience Required||Minimum Three years|
|Application Deadline||Feb. 14, 2023|
CIP Job Vacancy 2023
- Field experience in sweetpotato quality seed and root production practices (planting, cultivation, soil fertility and irrigation management)
- Establishment and management of on farm participatory research and demonstrations.
- Data collection, analysis and reporting of sweetpotato seed production, agronomic and seed business related data
- Partner and stakeholder collaboration and relationships
- Development of training materials and experiential learning for farmers, seed producers and extension agents
- Project management, budgeting and reporting procedures
Position in Organization:
- Resource Type: National Recruited Staff (NRS)
- Region: SSA
- Closing date: 02/14/2023
- Industry: Research and Development
- City: Kampala
- State/Province: Uganda
- Zip/Postal Code: 256
- Bachelor’s degree in plant breeding, agronomy, horticulture, seed technology, plant science, or other relevant agriculture discipline.
- Preference will be given for candidate experience in both agronomy skill sets for handling sweetpotato or any vegetatively propagated crops (VPCs).
- Working experience in seed companies
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in managing a seed system, preferably in sweetpotato
- Ability to prepare study protocols and conduct agronomic trials
- Strong competencies in both quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis techniques.
- Training experience, in particular experiential learning with adults preferred.
- Knowledge of seed inspection systems for, particularly VPCs.
- Ability to communicate and train extension personnel and farmers
- Advanced skill in using Excel
- Excellent interpersonal relationships skills and teamwork orientation
- Experience with digital tools for data collection
- Knowledge of developing business plans for commercial farm
- Knowledge of a statistical package, preferably GENSTAT
- Excellent communication and writing skills in English.
- Knowledge of a local language used in Eastern Uganda.
How to Apply CIP Research Assistant Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to https://cgiar.zohorecruit.com/recruit/PortalDetail.na?iframe=true&digest=ytYfxFjwDefd6FnbsIRmrTIOFsefphEVTG6URVzuayI-&jobid=268451000016052003&widgetid=268451000000062008&embedsource
The Closing Date: Feb. 14, 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.