CIFOR Theme Leader – Sustainable Value Chains and Investments Jobs 2023 – Kenya NGO Jobs. CIFOR Kenya looking for “Theme Leader – Sustainable Value Chains and Investments”. Applicants with a PhD in a relevant field may apply on or before 06 March 2023.
CIFOR is a non-profit, scientific institution that conducts research on the most pressing challenges of forest and landscape management around the world. Using a global, multidisciplinary approach, we aim to improve human well-being, protect the environment, and increase equity. To do so, we conduct innovative research, develop partners’ capacity, and actively engage in dialogue with all stakeholders to inform policies and practices that affect forests and people.
CIFOR Theme Leader – Sustainable Value Chains and Investments Jobs 2023
The CIFOR has published a job vacancy announcement on 31 January 2023 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of Theme Leader – Sustainable Value Chains and Investments to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
CIFOR Job Vacancy 2023
Overview: The purpose of this job is to lead research on sustainable value chains and investments at CIFOR-ICRAF including nurturing strategic partnerships and policy engagement; develop and lead a fundraising strategy and manage the resulting project portfolio to ensure sustainable staffing and development of the research area and its policy and development impact; oversee the design and consistent use of analytical and methodological approaches; and, ensure organized collection and archiving of evidence, and production of high quality scientific outputs commensurate with the size of the theme (number of staff and funding).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Formulating and developing world leading research on sustainable value chains and investments together with other themes and geographic units at CIFOR-ICRAF and external partners in the public and private sector and obtaining resources for CIFOR-ICRAF and partners to use in the implementation
- Setting medium and annual goals and targets for the theme monitoring their achievement with appropriate KPIs.
- Formulating, developing, and sustaining partnerships with key research, donors, policy, and development organizations
- Leading the development of project proposals and relationships with donors together with principal investigators (PIs) across the theme and other CIFOR-ICRAF units and partners as appropriate
- Managing, in liaison with Principal Investigators, the sequencing, content and implementation of projects within the portfolio including participation in projects to ensure sustainable funding of staff, development of the research area and documentation of its contribution to policy engagement; use of inclusive business models, sustainability of supply chains and responsible financing in the private sector; and development impact.
- Monitoring career and capacity development opportunities and working arrangements for staff contributing to the theme inclusive of mentoring of scientists and PhD students.
- Providing scientific guidance to ensure that the concepts and methods of the research carried out are appropriate and meet the highest scientific standards, reflecting up to date scientific methods and concepts.
- Identifying and supporting progress along impact pathways to ensure the relevance of research to target policy arenas, private sector actors and practitioner communities.
Qualification & Experience:
- PhD in a relevant field with 15 years research experience.
- Proven track record of high impact research both in terms of scientific articles and their policy and practical impact.
- Proven track record of policy engagement and productive relationships with the private sector.
- Reporting skills and attention to detail
- Excellent writing skills.
- Organizational skills.
- Has initiative and capable of working independently as well as an effective team player.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to effectively interact with people in a trans-disciplinary and multi-cultural environment.
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply CIFOR Theme Leader – Sustainable Value Chains and Investments Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 06 March 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.