CIFOR Consultant – Spatial Data Scientist Jobs 2023 – Kenya NGO Jobs. CIFOR Kenya looking for “Consultant – Spatial Data Scientist”. Applicants with a University degree may apply on or before 28 February 2023.
CIFOR is a non-profit, scientific institution that conducts research on the most pressing challenges of forest and landscape management around the world. Using a global, multidisciplinary approach, we aim to improve human well-being, protect the environment, and increase equity. To do so, we conduct innovative research, develop partners’ capacity, and actively engage in dialogue with all stakeholders to inform policies and practices that affect forests and people.
CIFOR Consultant – Spatial Data Scientist Jobs 2023
The CIFOR has published a job vacancy announcement on 10 February 2023 for qualified Kenya’s to fill in the vacant post of Consultant – Spatial Data Scientist to be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
CIFOR Job Vacancy 2023
Overview: The consultant will conduct analysis in support of research-for-development activities under the Excellence in Agronomy initiative of the One CGIAR. Key aspects of this work include development of reproducible workflows for spatial targeting of agronomy investments in candidate areas of priority geographies distributed globally, as well as predictive analytics around impacts of agronomic investments at scale.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement spatial targeting efforts for agronomy investments
- Implement workflows for spatial predictions of yield responses to agronomy investments in target populations and geographies
- Design and supervise ex-ante impact analyses of agronomy project activities
- Development of dashboards and other means of enabling interactive information queries related to priority indicators
- Organize, manage, and analyze primary data collection through focus group discussions, key informant interviews, farm household surveys, and market surveys.
- Contribute to project reporting and preparation of scientific manuscripts to be published in high-impact, peer-reviewed journals.
- Build institutional networks and contacts for effective functioning of current project and for developing future collaborations
Qualification & Experience:
- Familiarity with data visualization methods and interactive dashboards (e.g., R shiny apps) is highly desirable
- Demonstrated expertise with spatial data and spatial modeling; experience with remote sensing, geo statistics, and/or spatial econometrics are an asset
- Demonstrated expertise in machine learning prediction methods, as well as other branches of applied statistics, are essential; knowledge of econometrics is a strong asset
- Ability to integrate data from multiple sources (e.g., open data, crowd-sourcing, and remote sensing)
- Training in data science, geographic information science, computer programming, statistics or other relevant methods in the context of applied natural or social sciences
- Prior experience with collection, assembly, processing and visualization of large datasets to describe agricultural productivity patterns, cropping systems resilience and corresponding explanatory factors
- Proficiency in written and spoken English
- Knowledge of agronomy, soil science, climatology or agricultural economics is an asset
- Demonstrated familiarity with smallholder farming systems is an asset
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply CIFOR Consultant – Spatial Data Scientist Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 28 February 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.