Chemonics Governance and Regulatory Lead Jobs 2023 – Nigeria NGO Jobs. Chemonics Nigeria looking for “Governance and Regulatory Lead”. Applicants with a Master’s degree may apply on or before 24 February 2023.
From our founding in 1975, we have worked in more than 150 countries to help our clients, partners and beneficiaries take on the world’s toughest challenges. Today, we reimagine global supply chains to deliver essential medicines to the right place at the right time. We take a promising new way of powering a village in Kenya and adapt it to a village in Colombia. We embrace project management as a discipline, not an afterthought, so our clients get maximum impact for minimum risk. And we think big, about applying lessons learned across all of our projects, about bridging the gap between segregated technical fields and about forging partnerships that unite the world’s best minds to solve its toughest problems.
Chemonics Governance and Regulatory Lead Jobs 2023
The Chemonics has published a job vacancy announcement on 17 February 2023 for qualified Nigeria’s to fill in the vacant post of Governance and Regulatory Lead to be based in Lagos, Nigeria.
Chemonics Job Vacancy 2023
Job Purpose: Chemonics seeks a Governance and Regulatory Lead for the USAID Lagos Urban Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene Activity (LUWASH) in Nigeria. The USAID Lagos Urban Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene Activity (LUWASH) is a $44 million water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) activity which LUWASH will increase the availability, quality and use of safe water and sanitation services and improve the governance and sustainable management of associated sector institutions in Lagos, Nigeria. Through an integrated, market-based approach, LUWASH will work across the value chain of WASH services to bolster supply and manage demand within a strengthened framework of sector governance, financing, and regulated services.
The Component 1 / Governance and Regulatory Lead will be responsible for the following:
- Oversee all activities associated with Component 1: Governance and Institutional Arrangements Strengthened to Deliver Improved WASH Services
- Coordinate with Chief of Party and component team leaders to ensure that all Component 1 activities are aligned with the overall scope and objectives of the program
- Draft annual work plans and design and manage activities listed within the work plan to achieve Component 1 required results
- Oversee mapping of the policy, institutions, and regulation (PIR) landscape, determining responsibilities and identifying elements to change to ensure accountability and effective service delivery
- Develop and enforce effective planning and management frameworks for water resources and ensure these frameworks are integrated into technical activities across project components
- Oversee institutional development and capacity building initiatives with LWC, LSWMO and LAWARCO to strengthen their ability to carry out more effective, accountable, and transparent sector management and regulation
Qualification & Experience:
- Master’s degree in engineering, Management, Urban Planning, or any relevant social science.
- Minimum of five years’ experience working on water and sanitation sector reforms and utility management enabling environments at senior level
- Demonstrated understanding of the institutional and legal framework in Lagos state and Nigeria at the federal level for WASH services, resources management and regulation
- Experience working on urban water supply systems and community-based water supply and sanitation services is strongly preferred
- A good understanding of operational challenges of water service providers in Nigeria, specifically Lagos
- Professional level of technical or managerial WASH knowledge, skills, and experience providing technical and management support related to similarly sized programs
- Experience using integrated approaches to WASH including systems thinking
- Demonstrated capacity strengthening skills and experience with focus on institutionalizing capacity strengthening systems within partner organizations
- Strong communication skills, both interpersonal and written, to fulfill the technical and managerial responsibilities proposed
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Contract Type: Full Time
- Selection Process: Interview
- Salary: negotiable
- Application Process: Online
How to Apply Chemonics Governance and Regulatory Lead Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 24 February 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.