Care Livelihoods Specialist Jobs 2023 – Ethiopia NGO Jobs. Care Ethiopia looking for “Livelihoods Specialist“. Applicants with a degree in Masters Degree may apply on or before 10th Feb 2023.
At the end of World War II, with much of the world in ruins, Arthur Ringland and Dr. Lincoln Clark approach 22 American charities to propose a non-profit corporation to funnel food packages from Americans to loved ones in Europe. The charities agree and on November 27, they incorporate the Cooperative for American Remittances to Europe (CARE).
Care Livelihoods Specialist Jobs 2023
The Care has published a job vacancy announcement on 25th Jan 2023 for qualified Ethiopians to fill in the vacant post of Livelihoods Specialist to be based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Care Job Vacancy 2023
- Serve as the livelihoods lead for the project, providing technical assistance and capacity strengthening to facilitate the development of quality, gender-sensitive, accountable, and impact-focused interventions on livelihoods and resilience with particular attention to core DRM, nutrition, youth, wage employment programming and Micro Small and Medium Enterprise (MSME) development activities.
- Work alongside colleagues to support and promote a livelihoods response: develop implementation plans, technical guidelines, and learning tools; identify and resolve challenges; promote learning and quality improvements throughout the project.
- Provide technical support and strengthen capacities of program teams and partners (public, private, non-profit) to ensure project activities are effectively delivered and continually improved.
- Serve as the subject matter expert on issues pertaining to livelihoods, ensure that global best practices and innovations are shared and integrated into the project as appropriate.
- Ensure strong linkages and integration with other program components and activities.
- Contribute to project activity monitoring, including quarterly and annual reporting.
- Provide management and supervisory support for a team of advisors.
- Ensure integration of cross cutting expertise in all program activities (conflict sensitivity; gender; youth and environment and climate change).
Position in Organization:
- LIVELIHOODS SPECIALIST, HIGHLANDS RESILIENCE ACTIVITY
- Work Location : Ethiopia – Addis Ababa
- Type of Post :
- Other Possible Location :
- Funding : THIS POSITION IS PENDING DONOR APPROVAL
- Expected Travel :
- Type of Contract :
- Language Requirement :
- Application Deadline : 2/10/23
- Employee Duration : Active Full-Time
Qualification & Experience:
- Master’s degree or equivalent in Agricultural Economics/Agriculture, Rural Development, Economics, or related fields preferred.
- Minimum 5 years demonstrated experience with USG or other similar development projects focusing on livelihoods (preferably with experience related to on-farm, off-farm and employment livelihoods), resilience and vulnerable households, with understanding of the Ethiopian context.
- Proven management experience at a senior level.
- Specific technical experience in 3 of the 5 core technical areas (DRM, nutrition, youth, wage employment programming and MSME development).
How to Apply Care Livelihoods Specialist Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
The Closing Date: 10th Feb 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.