Amnesty International Research and Campaigns Assistant Jobs 2023 – Nigeria NGO Jobs. Amnesty International Nigeria looking for “Research and Campaigns Assistant”. Applicants with a Bachelor’s degree may apply on or before 16 February 2023.
Amnesty International is a global movement of more than 10 million people who take injustice personally. We are campaigning for a world where human rights are enjoyed by all. We are funded by members and people like you. We are independent of any political ideology, economic interest or religion. No government is beyond scrutiny. No situation is beyond hope. Few would have predicted when we started that torturers would become international outlaws. That most countries would abolish the death penalty. And seemingly untouchable dictators would be made to answer for their crimes.
Amnesty International Research and Campaigns Assistant Jobs 2023
The Amnesty International has published a job vacancy announcement on 06 February 2023 for qualified Nigeria’s to fill in the vacant post of Research and Campaigns Assistant to be based in Abuja, Nigeria.
Amnesty International Job Vacancy 2023
About the Role: The Research and Campaigns Assistant will assist the Programmes Manager – Amnesty International Nigeria in the development and implementation of research and campaigning strategies in the Nigeria team, including by monitoring developments, participating in carrying out research and investigations; writing reports, briefings, analyses, press releases, and advocacy materials.
- Monitor and maintain a broad overview of relevant political and human rights developments;
- Assist with research and investigations on the human rights situation in Nigeria or thematic areas;
- Participate in the planning, organization, and coordination of field research and other relevant AI missions and travel and campaign activities; including interviewing, taking notes, writing reports and briefings, preparing budgets, providing logistical support and solving problems;
- Support the development and maintenance of effective contacts, networks and partners;
- Assist the Nigeria teams’ research, campaigning, communication and growth activities by gathering and managing human rights-related information, by liaising with national and local contacts, media monitoring, internet searches and manual and electronic filing in relevant databases;
- Assist in planning, management and administrative meetings, seminars and workshops;
- Assist with processing incoming inquiries, petitions and follow-up with correspondence.;
- Manage files, records and other information retrieval systems where necessary within the organization’s self-servicing guidelines;
- Contribute to the development of programme-wide strategies and plans for research, campaigning, youth activism and growth and provide input into internal discussions on the AI mission, policy and organizational issues in order to increase the effectiveness of AI’s work;
- Contribute to the team’s response during a crisis or unexpected work;
- Interview, assist with the selection of, induct, and supervise volunteers working in the team.
Qualification & Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, international relations, law or related disciplines;
- At least 3 years’ work experience;
- Demonstrated commitment to human rights, e.g. through previous work, membership of an organization, involvement in advocacy of human rights, etc;
- Experience in the non-profit/NGO sector, campaigning, is desirable;
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to draft and proof-read research, communication and campaign materials tailored to the appropriate audience including through digital channels;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English; other relevant local languages or additional foreign languages desirable;
- Ability to work under pressure, manage conflicting demands, multitask and work to deadlines to achieve results;
- Ability to deal in a sensitive and understanding manner with a variety of people, including survivors of human rights
- Directorate: Research, Advocacy and Policy
- Type: Fixed Term Contract
- How many months is contract: 2 years
- No of weekly working hours: 40
- Salary: 1,000,000 Naira – Salary is negotiable upon recruitment
How to Apply Amnesty International Research and Campaigns Assistant Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
Then to apply, go to this link Click Here
The Closing Date: 16 February 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.