The Albrecht Mendelssohn Bartholdy Graduate School of Law offers places and scholarships in its structured PhD programme in legal sciences. This scholarship program is highly competitive and available to international students.
The structured PhD programme of the Albrecht Mendelssohn Bartholdy Graduate School of Law welcomes applications of graduates from both legal studies and other disciplines who are keen to produce ambitious doctoral work in an excellent research environment.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Albrecht Mendelssohn Bartholdy Graduate School of Law
Host Institution(s): Universität Hamburg, Germany
Scholarship Worth: Funded
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: PhD
Nationality: International Students
See Also: University of Dundee Global Excellence Scholarship for International Students 2023
Albrecht Mendelssohn Graduate School of Law Scholarship | DETAILS
The 3-year programme leads to a Dr. iur (respectively PhD in law) in all legal subdisciplines and places special attention on interdisciplinary projects.
The University invite applications from outstanding graduates from all disciplines who are keen to produce high quality PhD theses in legal sciences in an excellent and international research environment.
To be eligible for Albrecht Mendelssohn Bartholdy Graduate School of Law Scholarship, applicants are expected to meet the following conditions:
- Applicants must be international students
- Successful applications must have proven their ability to produce excellent academic performance, generally demonstrated by an outstanding degree (cf. § 3 PromO AMBSL) in law or a non-legal research-orientated master’s degree (in particular in business administration, political science, or sociology)
- Students whose first language is neither English nor German are required to prove their language proficiency by providing relevant certificates.
- The applicant must present a suitable doctoral topic which corresponds to the research areas of the Graduate School
You May Also Like: Oxford Brookes University GREAT Scholarship program for Postgraduate Students
How-to-Apply: To be considered for Albrecht Mendelssohn Bartholdy Graduate School of Law Scholarship, Applications can either be send via the application form or post to:
Albrecht Mendelssohn Bartholdy, Graduate School of Law, Universität Hamburg
Fakultät für Rechtswissenschaft, Rothenbaumchaussee 33 D-20148 Hamburg, Germany.
- Application form (click here to download) (doc)
- Tabular curriculum vitae
- Index of all publications to date (optional)
- Research proposal (up to four pages)
- Personal statement about why you are applying to the Albrecht Mendelssohn-Bartholdy Graduate School
- Two recommendations from professors attesting to suitability for doctoral work
- Language certificates (German or English): Non-native speakers who write their dissertation in German or English must prove their language skills by submitting relevant certificates. German: TestDaF or DSH; English: certficate proving C1 Level of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR). This requires test scores of at least 100 in the TOEFL ibT / 7 in the IELTS / 945 in TOEIC. The TOEFL DI Code is 2258.
Application Deadline: February 15, 2023