Abt Associates Senior Entomology Manager Jobs 2023 – Zambia NGO Jobs. Abt Associates Zambia looking for “Senior Entomology Manager“. Applicants with a degree in Bachelors Degree may apply on or before 27th Feb 2023.
Abt Associates is an engine for social impact, fueled by caring, curiosity and cutting-edge research that moves people from vulnerability to security. Whether it’s welfare or weather disasters, the environment or economics, agriculture or HIV and AIDS, we address the world’s most pressing issues. Our work is diverse and so is our bold workforce. We never fail to ask “What if?” We identify patterns, we search for the best way.
Abt Associates Senior Entomology Manager Jobs 2023
The Abt Associates has published a job vacancy announcement on 15th Feb 2023 for qualified Zambians to fill in the vacant post of Senior Entomology Manager to be based in Lusaka, Zambia.
Abt Associates Job Vacancy 2023
- Lead the development of national entomological monitoring plan in collaboration with National Malaria Elimination Program (NMEP), in country malaria vector control partners, research institutes, universities and private sector partners involved in malaria vector control.
- Prepare and manage project comprehensive annual entomological monitoring plan, overseeing field and laboratory technicians and collaborating with local partners.
- In collaboration with local partners, provide technical oversight and continuous support to ensure that entomological monitoring activities in Zambia are conducted in accordance with World Health Organization (WHO), CDC and PMI guidelines and best practices.
- Establish and/or maintain entomological sentinel sites in selected districts.
- Monitor vector density and behavior pre- and post-deployment of vector control interventions using (WHO) standard mosquito sampling methods
- Conduct wall bioassays within two weeks after every spray cycle and on new insecticide treated mosquito nets (ITNs) before distribution to evaluate the quality spray and products.
- Conduct wall bioassays monthly in selected districts to evaluate the residual efficacy of sprayed insecticides and bi-annually to evaluate insecticidal activity of ITNs.
- Monitor vector susceptibility tests to currently use and candidate insecticides on annual basis. Conduct intensity and synergist assays in sentinel sites selected for insecticide resistance monitoring.
- Implement capacity-strengthening efforts to increase and expand the skills of local counterparts and field team technicians. Support capacity assessment and capacity strengthening of technical staffs of the project, country institutions and other relevant partners, working towards ensuring countries undertake high quality entomological monitoring activities independently.
- Work with identified entomology laboratories to facilitate and obtain results of molecular and bio-chemical analysis data.
Position in Organization:
- Senior Entomology Manager
- Job Identification: 103013
- Job Category: Project and Program Management
- Locations: Abt Associates, Lusaka, ZM
- Posting Date: 02/13/2023, 09:18 PM
- Apply Before: 02/27/2023, 09:18 PM
- Job Schedule: Full time
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- At least 10 years of relevant international health experience, including significant experience in the area of malaria prevention and control.
- Experience interpreting entomological data, developing programmatic recommendations, and communicating effectively with decision makers and stakeholders in a clear and digestible manner.
How to Apply Abt Associates Senior Entomology Manager Jobs 2023
Note: Before you apply, please download (link is given below) the full advertisement and read it carefully.
The Closing Date: 27th Feb 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.